In 1860 the land turned into the property of Brigham Young, who planted assortments of mulberry, cottonwood and different trees. In pioneer days it is known as Farm Mill, Forest Park and Locust Patch. In 1881, Salt Lake City obtained the land from the Young home. In 1881 the city held an open challenge for the park's scene structure. Joseph Don Carlos Young, Utah's first scholastically prepared draftsman and a child of Brigham Young, won the challenge which incorporated a $ 100 premium.  On June 17, 1882 the 80 sections of the land as a bundle was presented as a recreational region and authoritatively named Liberty Park .
Please visit the business of one of our regular supporters.
600 East 900 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84105, USA
Follow articles RSS
Follow comments' RSS flux